The Center for Constitutional Rights is thrilled to co-sponsor Justice for Muslims Collective’s (JMC) Fifth Annual Social Justice Iftar on Thursday, May 6th at 7:00 p.m. EST. JMC has been a longtime partner in our work to challenge indefinite detention at Guantánamo and dismantle the various aspects of the “War on Terror.” Each year, they host this event to bring communities together to center justice in their celebration of Ramadan and to envision a world where all marginalized communities are liberated.
The virtual program will include the following speakers/performers:
- Mohamedou Slahi, Former Guantánamo Bay prisoner and best-selling author of The Mauritanian (formerly titled Guantanamo Diary)
- Mansoor Adayfi, Former Guantánamo Bay prisoner and author of the forthcoming book Don't Forget Us Here
- Robert Saleem Holbrook, Executive Director of the Abolitionist Law Center
- Aliya Hussain, Advocacy Program Manager at the Center for Constitutional Rights
- Others to be announced soon.