Shayana Kadidal, Senior Managing Attorney for Guantánamo Global Justice Initiative, will be honored for his work at the Center for Constitutional Rights by the South Asian Bar Association of New York (SABANY) with the 2009 Access to Justice Award at their annual gala in New York City on January 22, 2009.
The South Asian Bar Association of New York (SABANY) is an organization of South Asian attorneys practicing in the New York Metropolitan region. SABANY is a voluntary bar association dedicated to the needs, concerns, and interests of lawyers of South Asian heritage. SABANY is dedicated to ensuring the civil liberties of the South Asian community in New York, by acting as a conduit between the South Asian community and legal services and educational programs in the area. In addition, we are committed to promoting the professional development of the South Asian legal community through networking, advocacy and mentoring. It is our goal to educate South Asian Americans about their legal system and to encourage more participation by our community in the legal profession.
THIRD ANNUAL SABANY LEADERSHIP AWARDS GALA
· 7PM - 11PM
· Tickets will be on sale at www.sabany.org beginning December 1, 2008.
· 2009 SABANY LEADERSHIP AWARD HONOREES
· 2009 CORPORATE COUNSEL AWARD
· Raja Chatterjee, Esq.
· Global Head, Anti-Corruption
· Morgan Stanley
· 2009 LEGAL TRAILBLAZER AWARD
· Honorable Jaya K. Madhavan
· Supervising Judge
· New York City Civil Court
· 2009 ACCESS TO JUSTICE AWARD
· Shayana Kadidal, Esq.
· Senior Managing Attorney
· Center For Constitutional Rights