Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Program Goal: The Haiti Assistance Task Force presents the final panel discussion in their three-part series focused on issues impacting Haiti entitled Human Rights in Reconstruction Haiti. A panel of legal practitioners and advocates will focus their discussion on the human rights abuses faced by Haitians since the earthquake. In particular, the panelists will focus on the disparate impact on women, and the housing crisis.
Screening of Short Film: Haiti: The Enemy Within
- Lisa Davis, Human Rights Advocacy Director, MADRE: Demanding Rights, Resources & Results for Women Worldwide (www.madre.org)
- Laura Raymond, Advocacy Program Manager, Center for Constitutional Rights (www.ccrjustice.org)
- Meena Jagannath, Coordinator, Rape Accountability and Prevention Project, Bureau des Avocats Internationaux/Institute for Justice & Democracy in Haiti (www.ijdh.org) (To be confirmed)
- Margarette Tropnas, Executive Director, Dwa Famn (www.dwafanm.org)
- Matthias Resch, co-founder, Community Development International (www.cd-international.org)
Sponsor: Panel Discussion is coordinated by the Haiti Task Force of the Public Service/Social Justice Committee.
Registration Required for Attendance. Please RSVP by December 6, 2011. For additional information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.