Tuesday, June 28, 2011
The Business and Human Rights Documentation Project
Join Us for the Launch!
June 28, 2011 at 6:30 p.m. in Lipton Hall at NYU School of Law
108 West 3rd Street, New York, New York
(Valid ID required for admission. The event will be followed by a brief reception)
The Center for Human Rights and Global Justice (CHRGJ) at NYU School of Law and the International Network for Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ESCR-Net) are proud to announce the launch of the Business and Human Rights Documentation (B-HRD, or Be Heard) Project, an interactive, multi-lingual information portal that provides grassroots groups, NGOs, experts, advocates, academics, and the public at large with vital information about the human rights impacts of business activities, and with much needed advocacy tools to hold businesses accountable in a globalized world.
Join us for the launch and a lively discussion featuring the following panelists and presenters:
- Katherine Gallagher - Senior Staff Attorney, Center for Constitutional Rights
- Nicholas Lusiani - Program Officer, ESCR-Net
- Lisa Misol - Senior Researcher, Business and Human Rights Program, Human Rights Watch
- Smita Narula - Faculty Director, CHRGJ, NYU School of Law
- Jenae Noell - Center Associate, CHRGJ, NYU School of Law
- Annabel Short - Programme Director, Business and Human Rights Resource Centre
- Jimmy Pan - Former Student Member, International Human Rights Clinic, NYU School of Law
Please RSVP to Jenae Noell at firstname.lastname@example.org