- ICC VATICAN PROSECUTION
- Our Issues
- Learn More
- Get Involved
- Our Cases
- About Us
1600 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Washington, DC, 20006
WHAT: Rally and procession to mark the 12th anniversary of Guantánamo, and to demand its closure.
WHEN: Saturday, January 11, 2014 @ Noon
WHERE: In front of the White House (1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, D.C.)
• Noon - Gather for rally and witness at the White House
• 1 p.m. - Procession leaves from White House to the National Museum of American History. Ends at 2:30 p.m.
• Speakers: Nihad Awad (Council on Islamic-American Relations), Valerie Lucznikowska (September Eleventh Families for Peaceful Tomorrows), Medea Benjamin (CODEPINK: Women for Peace), Frida Berrigan and Jeremy Varon (Witness Against Torture), Andy Worthington (Close Guantánamo), Rev. Ron Stief (National Religious Campaign Against Torture), Aquib Yacoob (Amnesty International), Leili Kashani (Center for Constitutional Rights).
• RSVP on facebook, and please invite your friends.
• Whether or not you can join us in Washington, D.C., please sign this letter to Obama.
• Change your facebook profile to this photo: http://bit.ly/CloseGitmoFacebookProfile
Housing: Free housing available at a D.C. church on January 10. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Sponsoring Organizations: Center for Constitutional Rights, Amnesty International, Bill of Rights Defense Committee, Blue Lantern Project, CloseGuantanamo.org. Codepink, Council on American-Islamic Relations, Columban Center for Advocacy and Outreach, Defending Dissent Foundation, Interfaith Action for Human Rights, Project Salam: Support and Legal Advocacy for Muslims, Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns, Reprieve, National Religious Campaign Against Torture, September Eleventh Families for Peaceful Tomorrows, Torture Abolition and Survivors Support Coalition, World Can't Wait, Witness Against Torture.