The Center for Constitutional Rights is looking for a part-time (10 hours a week) Social Media Communications Assistant.
This temporary position (no more than 6 months) will help with producing and scheduling content on all social media channels. In particular, they will produce tweets and posts related to: event promotion, partner campaigns and initiatives, press clips, and cases and projects as needed.
- Assist the Digital Engagement Manager with scheduling and posting social media content across all channels, especially tweets and tweet threads.
- Help support the creation of social media toolkits related to Center for Constitutional Rights cases and projects.
- Help support digital events as needed.
- Help maintain the social media calendar as needed.
- Serve as a potential backup for the Digital Engagement Manager.
- Graphic design knowledge (using programs like Canva or Adobe Spark) required
- Basic knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Periscope, Tumblr, Instagram, etc.), tools (e.g., Tweetdeck, Google Analytics), and trends required
- Strong digital literacy, with proficiency in MS Office applications
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, proven ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks and priorities under tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including ability to anticipate problems and use judgement appropriately to plan solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professionalism, initiative, and personal responsibility
- Proven ability to work both independently and as member of a team
- Integrity, grace under pressure, and sense of humor
- A belief in the mission of the Center for Constitutional Rights and familiarity with the issues central to our work, and comfort working in a progressive legal environment.
Salary is commensurate with experience. The current salary range for this 6-month position is $33.43 to $41.93 per hour.
Benefits include paid pro-rated vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Qualified candidates should visit https://ccrjustice.wufoo.com/forms/temporary-communications-assistant-parttime/ to submit an online application. Applicants will be asked to submit a resume and cover letter. No phone calls please.
THE CENTER FOR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND ACTIVELY RECRUITS WOMEN, PEOPLE OF COLOR, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, AND LGBTQIA+ AND GENDER NON-CONFORMING PEOPLE