The IT Associate provides a range of IT support to all staff and assists the IT Manager in the development and oversight of technology infrastructure and systems.
Background: From its roots representing civil rights activists in the South, to its recent challenges to the NYPD’s racially discriminatory stop-and-frisk program and indefinite detention and torture at Guantánamo, the Center for Constitutional Rights has been on the front lines of the fight for social justice for 50 years. We’re a multiracial, diverse staff committed to building the power of the people and communities we represent through the creative use of civil and human rights litigation, education, and advocacy around a range of government and corporate abuses in areas such as immigration detention, solitary confinement, racial and religious profiling, LGBTQI rights, Palestinian human rights, and support for social justice movements.
- Set-up new workstations (configure operating systems, application and antivirus software, and connect to appropriate network drives, printers, and copiers)
- Assist IT Manager with installation, upgrades, and troubleshooting of other computer hardware and software as requested
- Research and evaluate hardware and software solutions
- Provide support and training to users and troubleshoot their hardware and software problems
- Assist IT Manager with maintenance of workstations, laptops, servers, printers, smartphones, and other office equipment with IT components
- Track and maintain accurate inventory of all technology equipment
- Research new software and hardware under consideration for adoption
- Understand and be able to convey the concepts and best practices of digital security tools and digital risk assessment, and monitor developments in the field
- Set-up Skype/other computer-based systems of communication for meetings as necessary
- Participate in departmental and organizational planning and projects and organization-wide committees, and carry out work assigned
- Other related work as assigned by Director of Operations
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience
- A belief in the mission of the Center for Constitutional Rights, demonstrated commitment to social justice issues, and comfort working in a progressive legal environment
- Familiarity with server and desktop equipment/software and end user support in a medium-sized networked environment
- Basic knowledge of networking in a PC/Windows environment, server and workstation operating software, Exchange and Microsoft Office, and other application software
- Experience with software for encryption, secure SMS, VPNs, password management, and other digital security applications
- Strong organizational and time management skills, proven ability to plan and meet deadlines, efficiently manage multiple tasks and priorities under tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and grace under pressure
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including ability to anticipate problems and use judgement appropriately to plan solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and research skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as member of a team
- Integrity and sense of humor
Salary is commensurate with experience and subject to union collective bargaining agreement. The current salary range for this position is $57,531 to $74,515.
Benefits include employer contribution to 401K plan and flexible spending account, vacation, sick leave and holidays, and 100 percent organization-paid health benefits, including medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance.
Qualified candidates should e-mail a cover letter with resume to ITassociatesearch@ccrjustice.org with “IT Associate” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, and strong consideration will be given to early applicants. No phone calls please.
CCR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND ACTIVELY RECRUITS WOMEN, PEOPLE OF COLOR, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, LGBTQI AND GENDER NON-CONFORMING PEOPLE.