The Center for Constitutional Rights works with communities under threat to fight for justice and liberation through litigation, advocacy, and strategic communications. Since 1966, we have taken on oppressive systems of power, including structural racism, gender oppression, economic inequity, and governmental overreach.
Too often, the law supports systems of power that violate our most fundamental rights and prevent people from living with dignity. We use creative and aggressive legal strategies against the most virulent forms of oppression to push the law to meet the demands of justice. Our advocacy work complements litigation to build power where it’s most needed, among communities who have been pushed to the margins. Through strategic communications, we shift the dominant narratives that normalize rights violations and increase public support for our efforts.
Our approach is holistic, fearless, and relentless. By partnering with communities fighting for social justice and centering their struggles for liberation, we are able to transform systems, policies, and public narratives. You have a role to play in this fight. Join forces with activists, lawyers, and storytellers to fight oppression and build power at ccrjustice.org.
Position Summary: The Donor Relations Associate is responsible for general administrative support for the Development Department including assisting with all cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation efforts including mailings, special events, donor research, donor relations, and acknowledgements. Responsible for development data entry, correspondence, filing, and email/phone follow-up.
- Assist with all administrative aspects of the department, including all appeal and cultivation mailings as part of the Individual Giving and Major Gifts programs. This includes coordination with designers and mail house, and tracking of print job progress and supply inventory. Work with vendors. Respond to phone calls, emails, and other requests for information from donors. Research credit card denials or unattributed stock transfers and other contribution issues
- Assist with planning and implementation of Development Department special events such as donor forums, annual spring and fall events, house parties, and other occasions. Produce postcards and mailing lists, coordinate communicating and tracking of announcements, save-the-date notices, invitations, RSVPs as well as managing venue contacts
- Coordinate volunteer opportunities and cultivate volunteers. Manage volunteer recognition program, including thank you cards, event invitations, and other special communications
- Assist with donor research and entering results into database
- Assist director of development with monitoring department expenses, including credit card usage and reconciliation as well as working to get estimates that stay within budgeted ranges
- Execute regular updates for recurring donors to ensure they are coded at appropriate levels
- Work with database and online giving manager to ensure that all gift processing (including acknowledgments) is timely, accurate, efficient, and prioritizes major gift donors, major gift prospects, and institutional donors
- Perform typical database updates, including address and email changes, deceased donor protocols, biographical information, event registration, and other donor activity. Produce basic development reports
- Provide back-up during absence of database and online giving manager. Perform basic duties such as running mailing queries, supervising temporary staff, etc.
- Work with the database and online giving manager to send timely communications for in-honor-of and in-memory-of recipients, donor birthdays, and first time donors
- Maintain inventory of department supplies and arrange and maintain supply storage areas
- Assist with travel arrangements for development staff
- Monitor various development email inboxes
- Maintain donation files
- Maintain departmental calendar
- Assist with newsletter and annual report production, printing, and mailing, including postage and securing estimates and tracking expenses for comparisons/bidding and authorizing payment (with Director of Development approval)
- Order gifts, premiums, and thank you items for annual spring event and other purposes
- Assist Director of Development in other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two (2) years of development experience
- Database experience required; experience with Raisers Edge strongly preferred, CiviCRM a plus
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, proven ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks and priorities under tight deadlines
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including ability to anticipate problems and use judgement appropriately to plan solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professionalism, initiative, and personal responsibility
- Proven ability to work both independently and as member of a team
- Integrity, grace under pressure and sense of humor
- A belief in the mission of the Center for Constitutional Rights, demonstrated commitment to social justice issues, and comfort working in a progressive legal environment.
Salary is commensurate with experience and subject to union collective bargaining agreement. The salary range for the position is $60,531 through $78,915.
Benefits include employer contribution to 401K plan and flexible spending account, vacation, sick leave and holidays, and 100% organization paid health benefits including medical, dental, life, short, and long-term disability insurance.
Qualified candidates should visit https://ccrjustice.wufoo.com/forms/donor-relations-associate/ to submit an online application. Applicants will be asked to submit a resume and cover letter. No phone calls please.
CCR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND ACTIVELY RECRUITS WOMEN, PEOPLE OF COLOR, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, LGBTQI AND GENDER NON-CONFORMING PEOPLE.