The Capital Campaign Associate will support the Director of Development, Executive Director, Board Chair, and consultants to track and help implement all aspects of the capital campaign: track all campaign activities and monitor their timely implementation; maintain the capital campaign calendar; produce materials, make arrangements, track, and assure follow-up for all donor meetings; track and help implement communications plan activities; plan and execute campaign related events; schedule, attend, and prepare materials for campaign committee meetings; ensure that every campaign gift and pledge is managed seamlessly; and, produce campaign reports.
- Assist with all administrative aspects of the Capital Campaign, including appeal and cultivation mailings. This includes coordination with designers and mail house, and tracking of print job progress and supply inventory. Work with vendors. Respond to phone calls, emails, and other requests for information from donors. Research credit card denials or unattributed stock transfers and other contribution issues.
- Assist with planning and implementation of Capital Campaign events such as house parties and other occasions. Produce postcards and mailing lists, coordinate communication and tracking of announcements, save-the-date notices, invitations, and RSVPs, as well as managing venue contacts.
- Coordinate Capital Campaign volunteer opportunities and cultivate volunteers. Manage volunteer recognition program, including thank-you cards, event invitations, and other special communications.
- Assist with Capital Campaign donor research and entering results into database.
- Assist Director of Development with monitoring Capital Campaign expenses, including credit card usage and reconciliation as well as working to get estimates that stay within budgeted ranges.
- Work with Database and Online Giving Manager to ensure that all Capital Campaign gift processing (including acknowledgments) is timely, accurate, efficient, and prioritizes current and potential major gift donors and institutional donors.
- Perform typical database updates for current and potential Capital Campaign donors, including address and email changes, deceased donor protocols, biographical information, event registration, and other donor activity. Produce basic capital campaign reports.
- Provide back-up during absence of Database and Online Giving Manager. Perform basic duties such as running mailing queries, supervising temporary staff, etc.
- Work with the Database and Online Giving Manager to send timely communications for in-honor-of and in-memory-of recipients, donor birthdays, and first-time donors.
- Maintain inventory of Capital Campaign supplies and arrange and maintain supply storage areas.
- Assist with Capital Campaign travel arrangements for development staff.
- Monitor various development email inboxes.
- Maintain donation files.
- Maintain Capital Campaign calendar.
- Assist with Capital Campaign newsletter production, printing, and mailing, including postage, securing estimates, and tracking expenses for comparisons/bidding, and authorizing payment (with Director of Development approval)
- Order gifts, premiums, and thank-you items for Capital Campaign donors.
- Assist Director of Development in other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience, capital campaign experience required
- Database experience required; experience with Raisers Edge strongly preferred, CiviCRM a plus
- Good organizational and time management skills, including proven ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks and priorities under tight deadlines and in a fast paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including ability to anticipate problems and use judgement appropriately to plan solutions
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent written and interpersonal communications
- Strong digital literacy, with proficiency in MS Office applications
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Professionalism, initiative, and personal responsibility
- Integrity, grace under pressure, and a sense of humor
- Multi-cultural competence and comfort – ability to work with a diverse team and to work across differences at all levels
- Comfort working in a progressive legal and advocacy environment
- A belief in the mission of the Center for Constitutional Rights
Salary is commensurate with experience and subject to union collective bargaining agreement. The salary range for the position is $64,133 to $83,216.
Benefits include employer contribution to 401K plan and flexible spending account, vacation, sick leave, and holidays, and 100 percent organization-paid health benefits including medical, dental, life, and short- and long-term disability insurance.
Qualified candidates should visit https://ccrjustice.wufoo.com/forms/capital-campaign-associate/ to submit an online application. Applicants will be asked to submit a resume and cover letter. No phone calls please.
CCR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND ACTIVELY RECRUITS WOMEN, PEOPLE OF COLOR, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, LGBTQIA+ AND GENDER NON-CONFORMING PEOPLE.