This confidential position will provide administrative support and partnership to the Deputy Director - Human Resources to articulate the vision of the Human Resources functions including benefits administration, recruitment, onboarding, offboarding, and related policies. They will work with the Deputy Director - Human Resources (DD-HR) and Management Team (MT) in their efforts to maintain a progressive, inclusive, and supportive work culture that values teamwork, accountability, respect, diversity, and equity. They will be expected to maintain confidentiality of various personnel matters, labor-employee relations, etc.
- Perform the day-to-day operations of benefit programs including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, Health Reimbursement Account, Flexible Spending Account, and retirement plans
- Coordinate new hire enrollments, status changes, life events, COBRA, and open enrollment for the above benefits programs
- Respond to all benefit, timesheet, and paid time off inquiries from staff and escalate issues to DD-HR as needed
- Administer the timekeeping system (ClickTime), including review of employee time records and entering new cases/projects, track and update paid time off, and produce periodic reports
- Maintain confidentiality of all personnel matters, including personnel actions both actual and contemplated, labor-management relations, union contract compliance issues, and collective bargaining strategies
- Assist and act in a confidential capacity to the DD-HR and management team members who make and implement labor relations policies and collective bargaining and labor relations with the organization’s staff union
- Maintain the Human Resources Information System (HRIS - Paylocity), including the benefits portal, process periodic reports, and perform occasional internal audits between payroll, HRIS, and other systems for compliance and accuracy
- Provide administrative support for hiring and recruiting, including posting jobs to online job sites, tracking candidates, and scheduling interviews
- Submit HR-related invoices and payment requests
- Conduct research / share education and learning opportunities for HR-related issues
- Provide reporting of HR-related metrics, including paid time off, salary, benefits, and performance review
- File personnel records, department vendor files, and transaction records
- Assist DD-HR with creating and conducting onboarding and offboarding sessions
- Support the DD-HR to implement programs to help address staff needs in the areas of emotional well-being, mental health, racial and social justice, and financial wellness
- Assist Director of Operations and DD-HR in the creation, updating, and maintenance of HR-related organizational policies and procedures
- Work with the DD-HR in drafting Human Resources department’s Standard Operating Procedures and instructions for internal best practices and coverage
- Update and distribute staff contact lists and organizational chart
- Help track and coordinate annual performance review schedules and documents
- Help create, develop, and implement internal HR staff events
- Participate in departmental and organizational planning and projects and organization-wide committees and carry out work as assigned
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by the DD-HR
Benefits and Paid Time Off (Approximately 40% of HR Associate’s time)
General HR Administrative Work (Approximately 25% of HR Associate’s time)
Employee Life Cycle (Approximately 20% of HR Associate’s time)
Staff and Management Relations (Approximately 15% of HR Associate’s time)
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience
- Proficiency in MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, and Google applications
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent written and interpersonal communications
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated ability to approach challenges with an optimistic, solutions-focused orientation
- Ability to adapt to process change, priority shifts, and evolving systems
- Commitment to cultural competence, humility, and demonstrates comfort and respect in working with a diverse team and working across all lines of difference
- Ability to respectfully engage in difficult conversations about staff challenges and conflicts
- Comfort working in a professionally demanding, socially and politically progressive legal and advocacy environment, and with the mission of the Center for Constitutional Rights
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion
- Knowledge of Paylocity or other Human Resources Information System
- Knowledge and experience with an online time tracking platform a plus
- Knowledge of payroll a plus
Vaccine requirement: All staff members are required to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
Salary is commensurate with experience. The salary range for this position is $74,521 to $97,304.
Benefits include vacation, sick leave, and holidays, and 100-percent organization-paid health benefits, including medical and dental insurance.
Qualified candidates should visit https://ccrjustice.wufoo.com/forms/human-resources-associate/ to submit an online application. Applicants will be asked to submit a resume and cover letter. No phone calls please.
THE CENTER FOR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND ACTIVELY RECRUITS WOMEN, PEOPLE OF COLOR, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, AND LGBTQIA+ AND GENDER NON-CONFORMING PEOPLE.