The part-time Graphic Design Associate will prepare visual materials by designing art and copy layouts, as outlined below.
The Center for Constitutional Rights has a robust multi-channel communications program, including media relations, thought leadership, social media, email, video, and a user-friendly website.
- Following the organizational branding guidelines, implement concept, layout design, artwork, and supervision of production for materials, including:
- Printed collateral, such as annual reports, brochures, leaflets, one-pagers, newsletters, white papers, reports, and direct mail
- Digital marketing, including website and social media ads
- Billboards, posters and non-traditional out-of-home advertising
- Banners and print ads
- Merchandise and swag
- Invitations, programs, backdrops and other event-related collateral
- Create charts, graphs, and other data-rich visualizations to embed in reports, blogs, presentations, and for other uses, including social media
- Ensure all creative and graphic content and layouts are compelling
- Effectively communicate and deliver concepts and artwork in response to programmatic work, presenting design work at various stages to project lead for review
- Deliver conceptual creative ideas and communications that can smoothly translate across all print and online collateral
- Coordinate with outside vendors, art services, printers, etc. to complete projects
- Other related work as assigned by the Communications Director.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud software particularly InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver
- Must be comfortable creating unique icons and vector graphics
- Very strong typography skills and design sensibility
- Knowledge of print production and pre-press best practices
- Ability to take and process constructive artistic feedback
- Good judgment and attention to detail
- Strong oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple departments and teams
- Independent well organized, responsible, and self-motivated
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, proven ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks and priorities under tight deadlines
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including ability to anticipate problems and use judgement appropriately to plan solutions;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professionalism, initiative, and personal responsibility
- Proven ability to work both independently and as member of a team
- Integrity, grace under pressure, and sense of humor
- A belief in the mission of the Center for Constitutional Rights, demonstrated commitment to social justice issues, and comfort working in a progressive legal and advocacy environment.
Salary is commensurate with experience and subject to union collective bargaining agreement. The salary range for the position is $31,015.50 to $40,557.50 (based on 20 hours per week, hourly rate of $29.82 to $40).
Benefits include employer contribution to 401K plan and flexible spending account, vacation, sick leave, and holidays, and 100 percent organization-paid health benefits including medical, dental, life, and short- and long-term disability insurance.
Qualified candidates should visit https://ccrjustice.wufoo.com/forms/graphic-design-associate-parttime/ to submit an online application. Applicants will be asked to submit a resume and cover letter, including an attached link to your portfolio in your cover letter. No phone calls please.
CCR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND ACTIVELY RECRUITS WOMEN, PEOPLE OF COLOR, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, AND LGBTQIA+ AND GENDER NON-CONFORMING PEOPLE.