The Database and Online Giving Manager (DGM) manages the organization’s Constituent Relationship Management database (currently CiviCRM) and the Development Department’s Raiser Edge donor management system and is responsible for all aspects of online and other types of gift processing and acknowledgment. They will work closely with other Development staff to ensure timely and accurate gift acknowledgment, and with other departments on database needs, email communications, financial reporting, and other tasks. The DGM is also responsible for staying abreast of trends and industry developments for online gift best practices that may impact changes to web content on donation pages. Responsible for insuring data integrity and for running gift reports and gift data analysis.
Stay current on all CRM and Raisers Edge data entry
· Run reports for Development and other departments as requested
· Liaise with Blackbaud and other database gift processing vendors or consultants for updates, troubleshooting, and trainings
· Run CRM periodic system updates and diagnostics, including sophisticated analysis of data
· Make recommendations as to effectiveness of appeals, changes to data tracking, specialized mailings, and other work that will advance the fundraising capabilities of the department
· Working with the Donor Relations Associate, hold responsibility for all aspects of the gift and acknowledgment process, including recording donation information, making data updates, downloading online gifts and purchases, coding donor records, tracking on-going appeals and campaigns, and ensuring that all financial information is accurate and matches the records of the Finance Department
· Train and support Development and other staff on use of CRM and Raisers Edge as needed
· Create and implement email communications for Communications, Development, and Advocacy departments
· Coordinate integration and workflows for the CRM, Raiser’s Edge, and Drupal website
· Ensure interdepartmental coordination and prioritization of communications and data entry
· Periodically survey websites of like organizations and how they “concierge” their relationships with their donors with the aim of ongoing improvement of the Center for Constitutional Rights’ process
· Design and maintain Donate website page and any fund-specific web pages, including writing/editing content
· Work with Web and Multimedia Manager on maintaining integration between CRM and Drupal (website platform)
· Work with Finance to ensure accurate, timely processing, receipting, and reporting for accounting
· Work with Director of Operations and Technology Director to ensure compliance with Center for Constitutional Rights data retention, security, and privacy policies
· Be diligent in ownership and maintenance of online Development data as it pertains to acquisitions and appeals
· Carry out other related work as assigned by the Director of Development
Minimum of four (4) years of experience with nonprofit database administration and support, including experience with queries and data manipulation for reporting purposes; Development experience required
· Experience with Raisers Edge required
· Prior experience with Constituent Relationship Management systems such as CiviCRM, Salesforce, or EveryAction highly desirable
· Ability to keep donor information and privileged organizational information confidential
· Strong organizational and time management skills, including proven ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks and priorities under tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to anticipate problems and use judgment appropriately to plan solutions
· Superb attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
· Excellent written and interpersonal communications
· Strong digital skills with proficiency in MS Office applications, Adobe and Google applications; CRM experience with CRM and digital advocacy platforms preferred
· Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
· Professionalism, initiative, and personal responsibility
· Integrity, grace under pressure, and a sense of humor
· Multicultural competence and comfort – ability to work with a diverse team and to work across differences at all levels
· Comfort working in a progressive legal and advocacy environment
· A belief in the mission of the Center for Constitutional Rights
Salary is commensurate with experience and subject to union collective bargaining agreement. The salary range for the position is $71,936 to $91,720.
Benefits include employer contribution to 401K plan and flexible spending account, vacation, sick leave, and holidays, and 100 percent organization-paid health benefits, including medical, dental, life, and short- and long-term disability insurance.
Qualified candidates should visit https://ccrjustice.wufoo.com/forms/database-and-online-giving-manager/ to submit an online application. Applicants will be asked to submit a resume and cover letter. No phone calls please.
CCR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND ACTIVELY RECRUITS WOMEN, PEOPLE OF COLOR, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, AND LGBTQIA+ AND GENDER NON-CONFORMING PEOPLE.