Position Summary: First draft writer and editor for a broad range of products for the Center for Constitutional Rights; loves digging into social justice and civil and international human rights’ issues; will work closely with other Communications’ staff to help determine how to center clients and amplify our Legal and Advocacy work.
● Drafting press releases, press statements, and solidarity statements
● Drafting op eds and blogs
● Editing Center for Constitutional Rights’ emails
● Collecting and managing the organization's press clips; assisting other staff in compiling sets of press clips they need
● Working with the organization’s Development Department to help write newsletters and other print publications, such as brochures and annual reports
● Shared responsibility with others in the Communications Department for maintenance of the website and approval of web content submitted by other departments
● Participate in departmental and organizational planning and projects, and organization-wide committees, and carry out work assigned
● Other related work as assigned by the Communications Director.
● Minimum of two (2) years related experience
● Demonstrated ability to write and edit quickly to specifications
● Outstanding organizational and time management skills, including proven ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks and priorities under tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
● Excellent problem-solving skills, including ability to anticipate problems and use judgement appropriately to plan solutions
● Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
● Excellent written and interpersonal communications
● Strong digital skills, with proficiency in MS Office, Adobe, and Google applications
● Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
● Professionalism, initiative, and personal responsibility
● Integrity, grace under pressure, and a sense of humor
● Multi-cultural competence and comfort – ability to work with a diverse team and to work across differences at all levels
● Comfort working in a progressive legal and advocacy environment
● A belief in the mission of the Center for Constitutional Rights
Salary is commensurate with experience and subject to union collective bargaining agreement. The salary range for the position is $63,531 to 83,315.
Benefits include employer contribution to 401K plan and flexible spending account, vacation, sick leave, and holidays, and 100 percent organization-paid health benefits including medical, dental, life, and short- and long-term disability insurance.
Qualified candidates should visit https://ccrjustice.wufoo.com/forms/communications-associate/ to submit an online application. Applicants will be asked to submit a resume, cover letter, and three (3) writing samples. No phone calls please.
CCR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND ACTIVELY RECRUITS WOMEN, PEOPLE OF COLOR, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, AND LGBTQIA+ AND GENDER NON-CONFORMING PEOPLE.