Details below are for January 7th. Please click here for January 5th.
Join peace activist and poet Dan Berrigan, CCR's Legal Director Baher Azmy, and other friends for an evening of poetry and song to inspire and encourage fellow New Yorkers to get on the bus to Washington, DC to join a growing coalition of groups on January 11, 2012 in a historic protest against the continued existence of the prison at Guantanamo Naval Base and all that it stands for.
What: Get on the Bus (to DC for the Close GTMO rally) Event, with Daniel Berrigan
When: Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 7:30pm-10pm
Where: Judson Memorial Church, 55 Washington Sq. South, New York, NY
Cost: $30, which goes towards a round-trip bus ticket to DC for January 11 at 6:30am, for yourself or someone else. For more information on transport to DC, see www.ccrjustice. org/closegitmo
* Organized by Witness Against Torture, co-sponsored by the Center for Constitutional Rights
• CCR Legal Director, Baher Azmy
• Acclaimed peace activist and poet Daniel Berrigan
• Jazz Music great, William Parker
• Afghan-American poet, Saher Muradi
• New York City poet, Christ Brandt