- ICC VATICAN PROSECUTION
- Our Issues
- Learn More
- Get Involved
- Our Cases
- About Us
November 6, 2014
The Development Department of the Center for Constitutional Rights (CCR) is currently seeking an intern to work for 10 hours a week during the Fall with a possible extension. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in advancing social justice by working in a fast-paced, progressive legal advocacy organization. The intern will have the opportunity to expand their knowledge of philanthropy at a human rights organization by attending meetings, special lectures and other events in addition to their administrative duties. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, CCR strongly encourages people of color, women, persons with diverse gender and sexual identities and persons with disabilities to apply.
Please note that this internship description is for the Development Department only; those interested in Legal, Communications or Education and Outreach work should contact those departments directly.
The Development Intern will assist in:
• Basic data entry (address updates, deceased donor corrections, bio notes, sign-up list information, etc.);
• Assist with mailings (acknowledgement letters, new donor welcome packets, Annual Fund mailings, event invitations);
• Donor research (bad addresses, biographical information);
• Maintaining supply inventory and department files;
• Administrative support for staff; and
• Other internship tasks as needed.
CCR is looking for an intern who possesses:
• A demonstrated commitment to social justice and social change;
• Initiative and the ability to work quickly on a deadline;
• Strong multitasking, organizational and self-management skills;
• The ability and willingness to learn and absorb new information quickly;
• Excellent Internet and other research skills; and
• Proficiency and/or familiarity with MS Office Suite programs
The position is unpaid but we will reimburse Metrocard fare to and from the internship.
To apply: Qualified candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Jose A. Monzon at development@CCRjustice.org with the subject “Fall 2014 Internship–[Your Name].” We will accept applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled but we strongly encourage candidates to submit their applications by Thursday, November 6. No phone calls please.
CCR is dedicated to advancing and protecting the rights guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Founded in 1966 by attorneys who represented civil rights movements in the South, CCR is a non-profit legal and educational organization committed to the creative use of law as a positive force for social change. CCR’s current cases cover issues such as the U.S.’ use of private military contractors, racial profiling, immigrant detention, illegal domestic surveillance, torture and arbitrary detention at Guantánamo Bay, as well as international and corporate human rights abuses. For more information, visit www.CCRjustice.org.